Why Travel Russia?
Russian specialists in designing tailor-made itineraries for over 20 years, Travel Russia prides itself on exceeding the expectations of its customers. With an established reputation, Travel Russia maintains contracts with the top 4 and 5 star hotels throughout Russia, guaranteeing availability and competitive pricing. Travel Russia can also offer tourist visa information and support while ensuring that your visit to Russia is truly memorable. To achieve high quality service and professionalism, Travel Russia have their main offices in Moscow and Saint Petersburg with affiliated offices throughout the country. Many of their staff members have worked for the company since its beginning, making it one of the most experienced teams in Russia.
In 1991, St. Petersburg was placed on the UNESCO list of world cultural heritage. Founded in 1703 by Peter the Great, St. Petersburg remains one of the most romantic cities in Russia.
The fascinating palaces and cathedrals, beautiful bridges over winding canals, spacious squares and wide streets decorated with edifices of flourished baroque and impressive classical styles, monumental sculpture and lacy iron grilles. The special spirituality of the city infects everyone who visits it.
• Experience a Russian drama, opera or ballet performance, which are reputed to be among the world’s best, in stunning venues that include the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow and the Marinsky Theatre in St Petersburg.
• A private visit to the Grand Kremlin Palace in Moscow can be arranged. Enjoy exclusive access to the grounds of the Kremlin either before or after the gates open to the general public.
• Enjoy time strolling and exploring the streets of Moscow and St. Petersburg where you will be surrounded by amazing historic buildings, a vast array of museums and cathedrals with an incredible selection of restaurants to try.
• In Moscow, New Arbat Street is where the rich shop, dine, drink and dance, and a walk through Gorky Park allows you to get away from it all in the heart of this bustling city.
• The Pushkin Museum and Christ the Saviour Cathedral.
• An unforgettable experience in St Petersburg is an evening at the Yusupov Palace (home of the dramatic murder of Rasputin). A formal dinner can be arranged hosted by costumed actors.
• Take a private helicopter flight over the beautiful city of St. Petersburg.
• Experience undisputedly the world’s greatest railway journey, the Trans-Siberian Railway. This iconic train journey runs from Moscow over the Ural Mountains and along the shores of the world’s largest freshwater lake.
• The Zero-Gravity flight experience is a genuine part of the training at the Star City Cosmonauts Training Centre. This is a unique opportunity to experience weightlessness without flying into space.
Health and Wellness
“Balneological resorts” or “Spa” resorts are found all over Russia. Moscow remains the centre of the “new” spa-movement in Russia with many of the leading 5* hotels now offering luxury spa services. The main features of Russian Spa resorts are the curative healing properties found in the natural spring mineral waters.
This is when the city sees itself illuminated by almost constant daylight. White Nights (Belye Nochi) are a curious phenomenon caused by St. Petersburg’s northerly geographical location, when the sun never descends below the horizon and locals fill the streets 24 hours a day. During late May to early July the nights are bright in St. Petersburg, but the real White Nights normally last from 11 June to 02 July.
Destination at a glance
Flight time from Sydney: Approx. 20 hours